Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: new to knoppix. could use some help.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1

    new to knoppix. could use some help.

    I got a knoppix 3.3 live cd from a friend and I love it. The only problem I'm having is connecting to my i.s.p. This is the first time I've used anything other than Windows so my understanding of knoppix is almost zero. My question is, is there a way I can connect to the internet using my compuserve 56k connection while using the knoppix live c.d.? If there is an elementary explanation I would greatly appreciate it. I feel like an infant learning to walk but I love knoppix so far and would like to continue to learn how to use it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Try running kppp, Kmenu->Internet->connect->Kppp

    If your modem is a winmodem then it will not work, if this is the case go to linmodems.org and find out the type of modem you have. Some winmodems may work, when you know what sort of modem try searching this forum and there may be a solution.

    Or you could buy a hardware modem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$345.97



Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch picture

Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch

$164.98



New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty picture

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty

$895.00



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW) picture

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)

$999.99



New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed picture

New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed

$466.65



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99