-
Junior Member
registered user
After some fiddling and research I figured this out for myself.
I've created a file /etc/rc5.d/S99start which does the following
just before KDE loads:
runs my firewall
creates sub-directories in /mnt needed for nfs and smb mounts.
These are not normally saved by saveconfig.
creates some soft links I need including localzone and a link to
S99start in /etc/bin which is where I keep my personal bin files.
Soft links are also not saved by saveconfig.
I called it S99 to make it load last like an rc.local in bsd style inits.
Actually it's the only file in the /etc/rc5.d directory 
Pelican
Similar Threads
-
By astranberg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 04:15 AM
-
By tiny in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-28-2005, 12:20 AM
-
By jzhai in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:10 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 01:35 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-05-2003, 01:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99