Hello to you from Montreal, Quebec!
Using Knoppix 3.3 I succesfully and easily connected to my high speed connection with the wizard for ADSL/PPPoe connection.
When I'm using Windows 98 I use a firewall name Zonealarm and it does cut intrusion from the outside in my system(even programs who want to connect to the net without my knowing about)
What program or firewall is there available with Knoppix?
I have heard that Linux system are better protected, is this true?
Also in using the wizard for connecting it wrote to use poff command to end a session, but it doesnt work and on the tldp.org site cannot fing the answear on how to use poff command to close the connection, any docs I can read on this or any helpfull hints?
tku
denis

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$89.95
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99