-
Can not get to a graphical UI after boot
I wanted to join the Linux bandwagon and figured I should start out with something that has the least configureation as possible. I found Knoppix. A Compaq Presario and 700mb ISO later, I was on my way to installing my first Linux OS. I followed this really detailed guide (http://articles.linmagau.org/modules...tid=181&page=1)
and got up to step 7, where I installed everything, and can login in to root. Its great and all, but I really would like to see a Graphical UI. Saddly, this isn't the case, because nothing I type in gets me anywhere, and according to the walk through mentioned above, Knoppix starts a GUI automatically. I can't figure for the life of me how to get in.
Any help would be apprecieated, thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By peteyjared3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 12:03 PM
-
By knulle in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 12:03 PM
-
By mystical_kakarot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 01:50 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 03:28 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 18
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95