-
Re: CD boot

Originally Posted by
sn0wflake
Can you boot Knoppix from CD? If so, and KDE works, try saving /etc/X11/X11Config to a removable media, like a floppy. Then boot Knoppix from harddisk and overwrite the "bad" X11Config file. This trick worked very well for me while Ghosting severeal PC's.
I'm pretty sure I'm browsing the CD, but I cant seem to find X11Config. The closest thing in /ect/X11 is something called XF86Config. Should I use that? And, if it I do use that, how do I copy something from one place to another from a floppy using the command line?
Similar Threads
-
By peteyjared3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 12:03 PM
-
By knulle in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 12:03 PM
-
By mystical_kakarot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 01:50 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 03:28 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 18
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99