-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
champagnemojo
Have you tried "mount /dev/sda to whatever"? I.e. leaving off the 1.
Just tried it, and it states sda is not a valid block device. Any idea on what is run during bootup to make the USB drive show up as block device sda1?
Thanks!
C ya,
Dutch
-
Still more mounts to try
:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
mount -t msdos /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
You could also try to do:
/etc/init.d/hotplug restart
after plugging it in.
Come to think of it, hotplug working for me might have something to do with the 2.4.24-xfs-fe-dm1-smp kernel I'm using from:
http://kano.mipooh.net/kernel/
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Markus
Still more mounts to try

:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
mount -t msdos /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
You could also try to do:
/etc/init.d/hotplug restart
after plugging it in.
Come to think of it, hotplug working for me might have something to do with the 2.4.24-xfs-fe-dm1-smp kernel I'm using from:
http://kano.mipooh.net/kernel/
Markus,
I'll try these and see.... Thanks!
C ya,
Dutch
-
Extremely slow copying from CF card
[quote="joe_bfstplk"]

Originally Posted by
champagnemojo
Have you tried "mount /dev/sda to whatever"? I.e. leaving off the 1.
Hi
I've got a 128 mb flash card, but when I try to take a back up of the contents, the copy in progress window just starts counting the number of files and directories. This takes forever and after letting it count this way for about half an hour I abort the process, since something is obviously wrong. I can't use half an hour every time I want to take a backup of my cf card... Any one got any clues as to what might be wromg?
-Kentaur.-
Similar Threads
-
By rabinhood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 01:53 PM
-
By jhobo4 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 04:21 PM
-
By drg55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 07-27-2004, 02:59 AM
-
By Benbread in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 02:22 AM
-
By kim in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98