Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: The future of klik: GPL

  1. #41
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    140

    What is happening?

    I haven't seen much going on with this progect. Everyone was so worried about GPL open source. ProBono made that happen then the project seemed to stall. Anything new on the horizon? By the way ProBonnno the link on the KliK site for this forum links to the News area not here. Thought you might like to know.

  2. #42
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: Probono, just in case you forgot

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig2
    Just in case you forgot, this was in the other topic (news):
    > Craig2 wrote:
    > knoppix@ttyp2[knoppix]$ /home/knoppix//Quanta/wrapper
    QGDict::hashKeyString:
    I just tried it, Quanta installs and runs fine. Perhaps the debian mirror was down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig2
    Any chance that the VPL mode (wysiwyg mode) in Quanta will work once KDE 3.2 is running?
    I'll do my best. Actually, would be anyone interested in KDE 3.2 as a klik download? I think it would be possible...

    probono

  3. #43
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: Need to use klik if copying cd to hard disk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig2
    If I copy the cd to hard disk using the todisk cheat code (not a debian install), will I still need to use klik to run klik applications? Or will I be able to apt-get them?
    Using the cheatcode is just like using it from CDROM. So you'll still have to use klik.

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig2
    Even if apt-get is possible, the ability to install everything to a directory in the user's home folder has its advantages. Even if apt-get works, can klik still be used if todisk cheat code is used?
    Klik could technically be even used with a HD install, though I don't recommend it and I take no responsibility for it.

  4. #44
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: What is happening?

    Quote Originally Posted by nvgringo
    I haven't seen much going on with this progect.
    Well... I was on vacation

  5. #45
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298

    Re: Probono, just in case you forgot

    Quote Originally Posted by probono
    I'll do my best. Actually, would be anyone interested in KDE 3.2 as a klik download? I think it would be possible...

    probono
    well, I prefer it just naively in knoppix, but its very cool if you could do it... actually I dont really believe you, whouldnt that be very difficult? it's huge, alot can go wrong etc etc?!?!?

  6. #46
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: Probono, just in case you forgot

    Quote Originally Posted by Superstoned
    well, I prefer it just naively in knoppix, but its very cool if you could do it... actually I dont really believe you, whouldnt that be very difficult? it's huge, alot can go wrong etc etc?!?!?
    Actually, it's quite easy to write the klik recipe: First, you have to find out which packages to download (using apt-get). Second, you would have to unpack them. Third, you would have to exit X. Fourth, you would have to set some environment variables like KDEDIRS. Finally, you would have to restart X.

    But I agree, let's wait until Knoppix incorporates it officially.

  7. #47
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Is it just me or is he describing klik:

    "Stand Alone Knoppix Live Net Installer Would Enable Recipe Distro's : This is an excitng idea about how to handle distribution instalation via a Live Net Installer." (...)

    http://thelinuxbox.org/Net_installer.html

  8. #48
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by probono
    Is it just me or is he describing klik:

    "Stand Alone Knoppix Live Net Installer Would Enable Recipe Distro's : This is an excitng idea about how to handle distribution instalation via a Live Net Installer." (...)

    http://thelinuxbox.org/Net_installer.html
    You know that is exactly what I was thinking when I read that last night. I think you should drop him a note about stealing other peoples ideas and not giving them credit.

  9. #49
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    11
    hello... can somebody help me. i installed firefox using klik but it wont run. this is the message that i get --->

    /home/knoppix/FireFox/firefox/run-mozilla.sh: line 451: 6784 Illegal instruction "$prog" ${1+"$@"}

    what should i do to fix this?

    thanks in advance

  10. #50
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Hi 1ijack,
    Klik works only with Konqueror Web Browser so
    please use this to install the klik software.

    Then by all means use your favorite browser
    for everything else.

    ============edited=============
    Sorry, I did not read your post correctly.
    You are installing FireFox to use.

    Do you run from a CD boot, and what date version
    of KNOPPIX do you have?

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 210
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 03:04 PM
  2. For Future Reference: Successful XP - Knoppix Dual Boot
    By Wil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 11:34 PM
  3. Display off 1/4 inch with Future Power 5E and SIS 530 Video
    By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 09:39 AM
  4. Future Power LCD Monitor
    By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 05:06 AM
  5. Wishlist for next or some future release
    By Sergio1704 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2003, 02:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT picture

Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT

$129.95



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Dell OptiPlex 3070 SFF Desktop Intel Core i3 9th gen 8gb RAM 128gb NVMe win11pro picture

Dell OptiPlex 3070 SFF Desktop Intel Core i3 9th gen 8gb RAM 128gb NVMe win11pro

$79.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND

$199.99