Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Internet Help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    2

    Internet Help

    OK I have everything set up and have no problem login in to my ISP [AT&T dial up] but once I get logged on I cant get any websites to work. i keep getting can not resolve errors.

    I'm a Linux dummy and have looked over and read everything I can find. I just want to be able to surf the web.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Sounds to me as though you've just not put in your ISP's DNS servers' numbers. Do that, and all should be fine.

    The cannot resolve message means that -- through lack of a DNS server address -- your browser can't translate something like http://www.knoppix.net/ into a series of numbers.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    2
    I'm sure I got my DNS right. I have checked everything and made sure it was the same or close to the same as I am using now in windows.

    I can always double check but any other thoughts?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Buick350X
    I'm sure I got my DNS right. I have checked everything and made sure it was the same or close to the same as I am using now in windows.

    I can always double check but any other thoughts?
    Code:
    ping -c5 216.239.37.104
    ping -c5 www.google.com
    From a console window if you can reach the IP with the numbers and not from the url then you do not have the DNS right.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't go on internet
    By Expera in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 05:29 PM
  2. INTERNET HOW TO?
    By metroidprime13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 06:58 PM
  3. Cannot use internet
    By jonathan184th in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 01:19 PM
  4. internet help ????
    By oomzoo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 08:01 PM
  5. Internet
    By MetalliMyers in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 03:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW picture

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW

$49.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered RDIMM 288-Pin M393A4K40BB1 picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered RDIMM 288-Pin M393A4K40BB1

$200.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue picture

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue

$299.00



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666 NON-ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-2666V-ED2 M378A1K43CB2-CTD picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666 NON-ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-2666V-ED2 M378A1K43CB2-CTD

$55.00



Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra picture

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra

$20.99



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



LOT of 21 Samsung V-NAND 860 EVO MZ-76E250 250GB SSD 2.5

LOT of 21 Samsung V-NAND 860 EVO MZ-76E250 250GB SSD 2.5" SATA III SSD

$544.95



Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US

$51.77