-
Senior Member
registered user
boot.img in 3.4 cebit
I'm trying to edit the English boot.img in my remaster of 3.4 cebit edition. In previous knoppixes, there has alsways been a few files that were just fillers- logo.pnm comes to mind... files that had no purpose and could be removed to allow for other, more important files in boot.img to get larger.
What I want to do- replace the logo.16 with my own logo.16 and edit the default boot parameters, and edit the help menu and boot message.
The trouble I'm having- Unless I can remove something in here or get by with a very small logo.16, is that I can't edit these files because they become larger. The boot.img size however is fixed.
I'll post this boot.img for anyone who thinks they can help out. perhaps the german keyboard map that's in there is not used?
Other possible solutiopn- switch to isolinux
My technique is pretty simple-
mkdir tmp
mount -o loop boot-en.img tmp
mv "space-filler" files out of the loop
edit the files I need to edit
cp "space-filler" files back in (and they become partial files to compensate for the increased size of the files I edited)
then unmount the loop
Other possible solution- switch to isolinux type boot.img
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 156
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 08:05 PM
-
By Becu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 04:12 AM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 13
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:14 PM
-
Replies: 35
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By zblace in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 20 Micron 16GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM 2Rx8 MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1 320GB
$2399.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98