Hi everyone! I have a little problem. Why can't write on fat partitions with a knoppix 3.2? This feature is not supported? I want to copy something from one fat partition to another fat partition and i just can't do that. Why? Not even in mc.
Hi everyone! I have a little problem. Why can't write on fat partitions with a knoppix 3.2? This feature is not supported? I want to copy something from one fat partition to another fat partition and i just can't do that. Why? Not even in mc.
You can write onto a fat32 partition with Knoppix. Have you tried doing it as root? It could just be a permissions issue.
i did it. The mounted partition wasn't write permitted.
Thanks a lot .bye
Do you have the icons for your Windows partitions on the desktop ?
I have Knoppix 3.3, and everything is mounted read-only by default.
Right click on the partition icon, and choose "Change read write mode" .
You will get an "Are you sure ?" screen. Agree, and it will change the partition to be writable.
Then you can move/copy using Konqueror, MC, or whatever, and the partition will stay that way until you change it back.
Alternatively, try this, assuming hda1 [Windows C:] is where your partition resides.
You may need to do this in a root console, I just use the icon.
mount -o remount,rw /mnt/hda1

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
Intel Core i5-14600KF 3.5GHz 14-Cores LGA 1700 CPU Processor (BX8071514600KF)
$190.00