Open a root console and netcardconfig for the net card the files if you want to do it manually /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/resolv.conf printer config is in the control center -> pheripherals -> printers.Originally Posted by jex
After installing KNOPPIX Rev3.2 2003 05-16 to the hard drive the K-
MENU "KNOPPIX->Network/Internet->Config Network is not available any more.
What can I do to configure nework and printer?
Thank you, Stephen! Do you know if the next Rev. 3.2........20 has solved this issue?
Open a root console and netcardconfig for the net card the files if you want to do it manually /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/resolv.conf printer config is in the control center -> pheripherals -> printers.Originally Posted by jex
there is also the commandline utility 'netcardconfig' , the printer and cups and be configured in the command center.
That is exactly what Stephen was referring to. The menu is nothing more than a link to netcardconfig as are all menu items. This is true of wimpdoze as well. Desktop icons- same thing.Originally Posted by zzyzx
Dude- it's not considered an issue - it's a feature. Fret not- you'll unlearn those nasty windows habits in no time!Originally Posted by jex
But- haven't you ever added something to the menu in windows before?!?!? It's no different here.
Thank you, rickenbacherus (May I call you Rick??)
You are wright, I better change my habits and learn the Linux from scratch! Which is actually not so easy for my 65-year old brain, but I think ist more fun too. I plan to install the "Debian distribution", and I thought it's kind of an easyer way to learn about it.
What I learned about Windows seems to be not enough, because I always used those graphic interfasces - I know how the files and directories are called and how to access them, but from linux I don't know.
Jex
Yes - learning Linux is a much better endeavor than leaning a desktop environment. Eventually you won't have a nice GUI desktop- just you and the CLI. Look here. Don't get me wrong, I certainly use a desktop but usually only for casual things. If I want to get something done give me the CLI!Originally Posted by jex
That's what we want to see! If you learn Linux then it will be very easy to use virtually any distro.Which is actually not so easy for my 65-year old brain, but I think ist more fun too. I plan to install the "Debian distribution", and I thought it's kind of an easyer way to learn about it.
Unfortunately M$ hasn't put much stock into huuman intelligence and they have "dumbed it down" so that anyone can use a pc. Of course that is a huge reason why so many people use them today but it's also a hinderance in that so many people have no idea what's really going on.What I learned about Windows seems to be not enough, because I always used those graphic interfasces - I know how the files and directories are called and how to access them, but from linux I don't know.
Jex
Start launching apps from a terminal and you'll find yourself watching the term just to see what that app is really doing behind the scenes. The first time someone mentioned that "the 'netcardconfig' is gone from the menu" my response was- "It was in the menu?" (yes-old habits die hard for Linux users too) :P

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 4.7GHz Socket AM5 CPU 5600MHz 96MB L3
$355.00
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Panasonic CF-20 Core M5-6Y57 8GB RAM 256GB, SSD,WIN 11,
$225.00