-
VMware & Knoppix XServer issue?
I installed Knoppix from CD (c't-Edition 04/2003) with knx-hdinstall 0.37. Everything seems to be right when I boot from harddisk, and after login I get to KDE. But when I boot this same installation from within VMware 3.2, I get a text login. The XServer does not start, because the graphics device is not recognized (in fact, it is a nVidia NV17).
I read about a XServer issue with VMware (vmware_drv.o wrong version with knoppix). But I cannot find any vmware_drv.o on my harddisk.
There is another interesting thing: when I start knoppix with VMware from ISO image, everything is running fine again (but in ram disk now).
Is there anyone who knows how to overcome this XServer issue with my hd installation?
Similar Threads
-
By jimmydean in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 08:22 PM
-
By Ish Rattan in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 04:49 AM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By Richard in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 02:45 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2003, 07:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99