Hi all.
When somebody installs a distribution, this comes with a kernel and much modules compiled. The system already formed so that it can load those modules. But when you install a new kernel and compile it single with the modules that you need , the archives modules.conf and others continue being formed according to the initial configuration. Then, I ask myself if there is some command who serves to update these configuration files. Normally the configurations of the distros are very opened to be able to accept hardware very varied.
I work in a Knoppix 3.3 inside a laptop samsung x05 with 2.6.0 kernel version.
I know this is a generic answer but when I compile a kernel I ask myself always the same. How know linux what modules can load with a new kernel? There is a command that look up the new available modules in the kernel and update the .conf files that it needs?
I must recognize that the subject of the module still is a mystery for my
PD: like so many others
Sorry by my badly English.
Thanks!

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99