-
No Linux Network
Hi,
I have a small network set up and running under Win98SE. This includes an ADSL Modem/Router. I am trying to get this network to work with Knoppix V3.3 live-cd, but have no sucess so far.
My NIC is a Netgear FA331 and the settings are:-
Ip for eth0 10.9.16.3
Netmask 255.255.255.0
Broadcast 10.9.16.255
Default Gateway 10.9.16.1
Name Server 195.112.4.4
Other computers on the network are 10.9.16.2, 10.9.16.4 and 10.9.16.5.
The values for the NIC were manually entered and checked. I cannot access the Internet. I can Ping the card, but any other address does not reply. I see activity from the NIC indicated by an LED flashing on a hub nearby. If I try a Ping from another computer I can observe packets being received by a monitor program (can't remember which one).
I have looked through this Forum, and through the FAQ's, but nothing obvious has surfaced.
I would appreciate assistance in solving this problem, as I really like what I see of Knoppix Linux and wish to explore further.
T.I.A
Stewart
Similar Threads
-
By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 92
Last Post: 08-10-2005, 03:35 AM
-
By bigkahuna in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-20-2005, 01:46 AM
-
By crusty in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 03:30 AM
-
By mementomike in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 10:54 AM
-
By david_eliasson in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00