I had to re-install Knoppix 3.3 to the HD of a laptop last night, but when I try to boot the computer I get the "L 99 99 99 ....." error at the beginning of the boot process & LILO never starts. I did make a boot floppy during the install and when I use the floppy to boot the computer, it will read the LILO boot info from the floppy then continue to boot successfully from the HD.
How do I repair/reinstall LILO on the HD so I won't have to use the floppy? Thanks in advance.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72