-
's ALL Debian
I HAVE ARRIVED!! All ye who seek knowledge may sit at my knee and, if I feel you to be worthy and you display derference and humility, I will allow you to pose a query to me regarding the arcane art of the use of the distribution of the GODS- Debian!! (May its name be thrice-blessed.)
Woe betide ll those benighted souls who use any other distribution! They shall be cast into the void, where for all eternity they shall suffer through the tortures of dependancies that are unfulfilled, while the true believers shall bask in the glory of the Holy apt/dpkg and forever rejoice!
OK, that's enough crap; I've been a dedicated Debian user for about three years now. I'm also a distro slut; if a pengiun winks at me, I HAVE to take it home.
When I first heard of Knoppix, I thought that it was probably just a toy. I guess I underestimated it, because I'm running it on both my boxes (with, among others, LibraNet 2.0, Debian Woody, Debian Sarge BeOS 5.3, and WIN98.) Looking through some of the posts on this forum, I see a lot of problems with multi-processers and AIC-7xxx SCSI on-board controllers; I guess I must have been lucky, because my server is a dual-Pentium P-266 with an on-board AIC-7880 controller, and Knoppix configured everything perfectly. By the way, I have Knoppix installed on the hard drive on both boxes. I just finished my final boot configuration for my main box, now I'm going to setup my LAN; it looks like Knoppix will be my distro of choice from now on, so I'll undoubtedly be posting some questions and comments regularly. I have to admit that having things configured on install is much easier than pure Debian's method, but there's an awful lot of application overhead in a stock Knoppix install; I think I'll look at modifiying the ISO to eliminate some of the stuff I don't need; we'll have to see how that goes, I'll post my results.
Similar Threads
-
By kepler in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 09:51 PM
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By god in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 11:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Qty.8 Samsung 16GB 2RX4 Pc4 2133P M393A2G40DB0-CPB0Q Ram Memory
$599.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE+ 12.4" 128GB Gray WiFi Tablet w/ S Pen SM-X610NZACXAR
$399.00