-
Senior Member
registered user
rgXnetchess
Can anyone help me to execute this program??? I'm tearing my hair out!!!
Here's the WIMPdoze version I thought I could run with WINE - no luck.
http://www2.uni-jena.de/allgpsy/ht/
Here's the X11 version:
http://www2.uni-jena.de/allgpsy/rg/chess.html
In the X11 version there's a zip file with the source code and a make file. The make file results in tons of compile-time errors unless you specify that the qt library is in /usr/include/qt3 (cc O3 -c -I/usr/include/qt3 chess.cc) but there are still a few errors....
There are 2 more zip files given, one dynamically compiled and one statically. I can get neither to execute. When I unzip these files I get rgXnetchess and rgXnetchess_static neither of which have the executable permission set. So I ran chmod +x rgXnetchess and click on it in KONQUEROR (home) it says file not found or does not exist. When I go to the shell and try to run it from there I get the same error (for both files).
How do I get this stupid program to work? Any help is greatly appreciated!
TIA,
AJG
-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, I guess noone else is having any success at compiling or executing this program.
Here's my problem. I run the Baldwin High School Chess Club. We've had a bit of a growth spurt in membership of late. We don't have enough regulation chess sets and clocks to go around. I was hoping to have unrated tournaments played via a chess server. We were using http:// www.uschesslive.org until recently when my school decided to block every website under the sun....
How about using something like xboard? Well xboard does everything but play one-to one! You can play against the PC (gnuchess or crafty) with xboard as the interface. You can have the computer play itself. You can even play over some chess servers (ICC, etc.) but you can't play another player over your own LAN! Well, that's where rgXnetchess came in. It usues the xboard source code and adds a networking class. xboard already has a timer class built in. It should be just right for our needs. I guess not....
So, my new question is this. Is there some way to use Linux networking to have two people logged-in to the same PC and play the same xboard remotely so they each can have their own console?
TIA,
AJG
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

TFORCE DELTA 32GB RAM RGB (16Gx2)
$150.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00

Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00

TeamGroup T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000Mz (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory
$188.00