Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Black screens on logout from KDE or console switch

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8

    Black screens on logout from KDE or console switch

    When you push Ctrl-Alt-F3...1...2 to switch to another console nothing happens. The sreen just goes black and
    you can't come back to whichever one you started with. The only fix so far is the dreaded reset button on the front of my case.

    When I created a user after finishing with the install.I have logged out and history repeated itself with black screen instead of a graphical
    login. I confirmed that it was a regular occurrence every time you log out.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8
    I have checked my xfree86 version and it looks up to date. I am more and more leaning towards video problem in the is case. i845G driver is just a slightly revorked i810 driver so I just hope I find a spare nvidia GF4 Ti4200 on my doorstep left by a stranger .

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Chechout this thread:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=769

    HTH

    rock

Similar Threads

  1. Makign Splash Screens
    By sonicspeedway in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 02:27 AM
  2. No screens found
    By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:14 PM
  3. logout & logout knoppix
    By chain in forum General Support
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 03:16 AM
  4. dual screens
    By gyro in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 08:26 PM
  5. Why have I got 3 screens now, I only need one !
    By Alex1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2003, 03:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture

[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.

$299.99



Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu picture

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu

$399.95



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$164.95



G.SKILL Ripjaws V 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-3600 UDIMM 288-Pin XMP 2.0 picture

G.SKILL Ripjaws V 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-3600 UDIMM 288-Pin XMP 2.0

$720.00



Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz picture

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz

$87.00



TeamGroup T-Force Dark 32GB (4x8GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz CL14-16-16-31 1.2V Heatsink picture

TeamGroup T-Force Dark 32GB (4x8GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz CL14-16-16-31 1.2V Heatsink

$63.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99



SK Hynix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-3200AA KIT picture

SK Hynix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-3200AA KIT

$140.00