-
Senior Member
registered user
Compact Flash different sizes in USB reader - wiil not mount
I've noticed the following problem using compact flash cards of different sizes in a PQI (GL641USB based) USB card reader. The CF cards I have are 8Mb, 32Mb, 64Mb and 128Mb (formatted FAT16 or FAT12 for the 8mb). When I remove the USB reader and replace the CF card for another of a different size, it always comes back with:
"Could not mount device - The reported error was: mount: wrong fs type, bad option....etc. etc."
This is despite unmounting the card reader and physically removing it before swapping cards. Basically, after the first mount, it remembers the size of the CF card, even after it's been removed and replaced. It took a long time to notice this! I thought it was some sort of problem with the cards getting corrupted when written to (I expected some sort of problem with the PQI reader, some mention is made on the web about a patch for the GL641USB chip). I even resorted to formatting the CF cards in an obsolete OS (WIN98SE!!!).
Anyone know how to force the system to recognise the change of CF card without having to reboot Linux? (loggining in/out/in to kde doesn't work).
I'll be Googling for an answer also....
Stu.....
Similar Threads
-
By monckywrench in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
-
By Randy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 09:48 PM
-
By knewbex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 02:00 AM
-
By spurious in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 10:18 PM
-
By dunbar in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Dell Wyse 5070 Thin Client Pentium J5005 8GB RAM 128GB SSD w/Power Win 10 LTSC
$62.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666MHz (8 X 2) (Black) - 2 Sticks
$60.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00

Micron and SK hynix RAM 56GB (4x8GB) (2x4GB) see description
$135.00