-
ECS Desknote 901 BIG PROBLEM
I am desperate!!! Can someone help, please? This is my story:
I have a ECS Desknote 901, and it works fine under win(2k or XP). I am trying to get to know the Linux world and the concept of Live CD Linux got my attention. I found out that the Knoppix is the best of them so I decided to give it a try. I booted the machine, all of my HW (except my modem) was identified, but the NIC was not working. It is a Realtek 8139, the driver is loaded, but I could not do anything (DHCP failed, tried manual address, same thing). I have tried all the cheatcodes, tips and tricks found on this forum and the NIC will not work. I have decided to try the modem. Luckily, I made it, but only after switching off my sound from BOIS and installing the PCTel divers. Unfortunaltely, I need the NIC more then the modem. Is there any solution to my problem, preferably not involving kernel modifications, since I only have the Live CD, and I don't have any space on my HDD to make a HDD install.
Here is the output of lspci -v with the sound on:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 630 Host (rev 31)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64
Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64M]
Capabilities: [c0] AGP version 2.0
00:00.1 IDE interface: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5513 [IDE] (rev d0) (prog-if 80 [Master])
Subsystem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS5513 EIDE Controller (A,B step)
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 16
I/O ports at ff00 [size=16]
00:01.0 ISA bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 85C503/5513
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
00:01.2 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller (rev 07) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
Subsystem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
Memory at dffd0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
00:01.3 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller (rev 07) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
Subsystem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Onboard USB Controller
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
Memory at dffe0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
00:01.4 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS PCI Audio Accelerator (rev 02)
Subsystem: Alpha-Top Corp: Unknown device b901
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
I/O ports at d400 [size=256]
Memory at dfff0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
00:01.6 Modem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Intel 537 [56k Winmodem] (rev a0) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
Subsystem: Alpha-Top Corp: Unknown device b901
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at dc00 [size=256]
I/O ports at d800 [size=128]
Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2
00:02.0 PCI bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS 530 Virtual PCI-to-PCI bridge (AGP) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
I/O behind bridge: 0000a000-0000afff
Memory behind bridge: dfe00000-dfefffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: cfc00000-dfcfffff
00:05.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
Subsystem: Alpha-Top Corp: Unknown device b901
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at d000 [size=256]
Memory at dffc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS630 GUI Accelerator+3D (rev 31) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Alpha-Top Corp: Unknown device b901
Flags: 66Mhz, medium devsel
BIST result: 00
Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Memory at dfee0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
I/O ports at ac80 [size=128]
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 1
Capabilities: [50] AGP version 2.0
---------------------
and here is the same with the sound off
00:00.0 Host bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 630 Host (rev 31)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64
Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64M]
Capabilities: [c0] AGP version 2.0
00:00.1 IDE interface: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5513 [IDE] (rev d0) (prog-if 80 [Master])
Subsystem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS5513 EIDE Controller (A,B step)
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 16
I/O ports at ff00 [size=16]
00:01.0 ISA bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 85C503/5513
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
00:01.2 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller (rev 07) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
Subsystem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
Memory at dffe0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
00:01.3 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller (rev 07) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
Subsystem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Onboard USB Controller
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
Memory at dfff0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
00:01.6 Modem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Intel 537 [56k Winmodem] (rev a0) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
Subsystem: Alpha-Top Corp: Unknown device b901
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at dc00 [size=256]
I/O ports at d800 [size=128]
Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2
00:02.0 PCI bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS 530 Virtual PCI-to-PCI bridge (AGP) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
I/O behind bridge: 0000b000-0000bfff
Memory behind bridge: dfe00000-dfefffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: cfc00000-dfcfffff
00:05.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
Subsystem: Alpha-Top Corp: Unknown device b901
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at d400 [size=256]
Memory at dffc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS630 GUI Accelerator+3D (rev 31) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Alpha-Top Corp: Unknown device b901
Flags: 66Mhz, medium devsel
BIST result: 00
Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Memory at dfee0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
I/O ports at bc80 [size=128]
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 1
Capabilities: [50] AGP version 2.0
-----------------------------------
I even tried to disable the modem too, since it has the same IRQ with the NIC, but no luck.
Please help!
Anastas
Similar Threads
-
By anastas in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 04:58 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By paxaxe23 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-31-2003, 11:04 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$189.99

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00