-
Wireless network in KNOPPIX_V3.1-2003-20-EN
I'm having trouble initialising the ESSID of my wireless
networkcard. If I change the ESSID in my router to
"linux-wlan" everything works. So I can get it to work but
I want a different ESSID.
I set the ESSID with the program (MENU->KNOPPIX->Network/Internet->Wavelan configuration)
It initializes a file called '/etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts'
This file is interpreted by the program /etc/pcmcia/wireless.
I managed to track down the command that is executed and
tried it on the command line with the following result :
Code:
SH > iwconfig wlan0 essid hallo
Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
SET failed on device wlan0; Function not implemented.
I noticed a Warning when executing iwconfig :
Code:
SH > iwconfig
...
Warning: Driver for device wlan0 has been compiled with version 14
of Wireless extension, while this program is using version 15.
Some things might be broken...
...
Is there something broken ?
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 09:17 PM
-
By gneumarke in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 02:32 PM
-
By Sucker in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 03:12 AM
-
By yhw22 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 07:13 PM
-
By audioaficionado in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.60

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$505.41

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1785.15

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$17.99

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$302.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$117.45