-
Junior Member
registered user
I have gotten a specific ESSID to work, but my methods are very kludgy.
I'm using Knoppix v3.2-2003-05-20 on a Dell notebook with a Linksys AP and an Orinoco Gold card. I also get the version 14 versus 15 mentioned above.
Initial bootup identifies my Orinoco Gold card correctly, but I get no Internet access (wireless card not found). Running iwconfig or netcardconfig and selecting DHCP produces no results.
This is what works for me: Open a shell and run netcardconfig and select STATIC configuration. Enter info from LAN (internal) connection (notebook=192.168.1.100, gateway=192.168.1.1, no DNS). After ifconfig sets the LAN parameters a wireless configuration tool opens up and requests wireless parameters like ESSID and channel and stuff. I enter my specific ESSID and channe number and the program (iwconfig?) writes these parameters. Nothing works yet, but we're almost there.
Rerun netcardconfig again, but select DHCP this time. Sending DHCP broadcast from eth0 is now "OK" and "auto lo eth0" sets everything up. From now on wireless performs correctly with my specific ESSID and channel number.
If I could restore myconfig from a floppy (to save these settings) I'd be a happy camper...
-jb
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 09:17 PM
-
By gneumarke in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 02:32 PM
-
By Sucker in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 03:12 AM
-
By yhw22 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 07:13 PM
-
By audioaficionado in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper QSFPP-4X10GE-LR QSFP+ 4x10GBASE-LR Optical Transceiver 740-054050
$59.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP
$560.15

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00

Juniper JPSU-1600-C-AC-AFO 1600W AC Power Supply EX4400 AFO Airflow
$155.00

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$345.97

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97