-
Junior Member
registered user
Libretto L2 headaches: SOLVED
After submitting a question about my PCMCIA problems, it was suggested that I recompile/patch my kernel to support ACPI. After some more reading in the forum, I noticed that ACPI isn't included due to some booting problems on some systems. I did find that Kanotix has ACPI built in (and selectable through a GRUB menu). Kanotix did see the wireless card, no more IRQ conflicts! This is a good way to determine if APCI will resolve your problems without recompling a kernel. So, if anyone has a Libretto L2, here's what you can do:
1) You'll need a bootable USB CD-Drive or another computer running Kanotix.
NOTE: The Libretto would not boot from the PCMCIA CD-ROM, so I used the second option. All the directions below are as if you are using the second option.
2) Run Kanotix with ACPI enabled
3) From the KNOPPIX menu, select serivces->start knoppix terminal server
4) Select your nic card, then adjust the settings to taste (I took all defaults except the boot time options, which I added screen=1280x600)
5) After the terminal server is running, boot up the Libretto, hold down the left cursor key till the bootup options show up. Choose the network boot option
6) After Kanotix finally starts, open a terminal and enter:
Code:
sudo knoppix-installer
7) Install to the HD
Reboot and enjoy!
Now, I just need to get Kismet working.........
Similar Threads
-
By Krogen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 06:17 PM
-
By jon267 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-19-2003, 01:28 PM
-
By marciano in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-06-2003, 12:00 PM
-
By FoGia in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-05-2003, 09:39 PM
-
By alexcg in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

2 PACK Cisco AIR-AP2802I-B-K9 Aironet 2802 Series Dual Band Access Point
$19.85

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage UNCLAIMED Lot of 10
$22000.00

Cisco C9300L-STACK-KIT V02 Stack
$190.00

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99