-
Intel HaM Modem - installed drivers, now I'm stuck
I've been trying to get my winmodem to work. I downloaded correct the drivers and compiled them on Knoppix. I managed to load the driver from my home directory without actually installing it.
However, I can't get KPPP to recognise that the modem is there. If I do 'query modem', it just says it's unable to talk to the modem (I can't remember the exact error message). I've got KPPP looking at /dev/modem.
Although KPPP doesn't work, if I type 'cat /dev/modem', I hear it go *click*, so I know it's actually there.
I think I'm almost there, and must be missing something obvious. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By jock in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 04:14 PM
-
By DimGR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 07:37 PM
-
By Megagun in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 01:09 PM
-
By TheCyberDude in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 02:19 PM
-
By www.rzr.online.fr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00