Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Boot hang on Dual Video Card With Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2

    Boot hang on Dual Video Card With Knoppix

    Hi, I was shown Knoppix 3.3 by an open source guy in my office and was pretty impressed. (I also am looking at the Sun Java Desktop as well). Unfortunately I can't get it (Knoppix 3.3) to boot and load on my Dual Video Card system. It has worked well on various single video card systems i have tried out. I have a GForce 2MX200 PCI and GeForce 4 TI 4200 AGP. Is there some way I can modify the boot to account for the second Card? Incidentally The Sun Java Desktop was able to boot up albeit with only 1 monitor (but it was the correct one, the 4200.) When it comes to Linux (Etc,) I am a complete novice but I do have help if things go over my head. Thanks in Advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    What DID happen when you tried booting ?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2
    First I would get the Splash screen then the F2 boot options Prompt. the the screen would go black, then flicker Text. (too fast to read)
    then hang on a black screen. Doest it write an error log to the drive that I retrieve?

Similar Threads

  1. dual head video card
    By joedeck1 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 12:27 PM
  2. Dual Boot Knoppix and Windows(Dual Boot)?
    By jimbo62 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
  3. Knoppix hang on boot after detecting the mouse...
    By tommydl in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 01:15 PM
  4. Asus TNT video card / PII 350 / BX mb boot freezes
    By weiv in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 08:56 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



SSD 2.5

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed

$42.00