Sounds like you're not burning the iso correctly. There are instructions here:
http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/howtoburn.html
also, IIRC, on this site.
When I try to burn the CD, it appears to burn successfully, but it actually doesn't. The system won't boot from it; it boots to XP normally when the disc is in the drive (and yes, I'm sure my BIOS is properly configured), and when I open the disc in Windows Explorer, it says its total size is 0MB and it shows no files on the disc. I'm using Nero 6.
Sounds like you're not burning the iso correctly. There are instructions here:
http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/howtoburn.html
also, IIRC, on this site.

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24
Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99
Open Box Apple OEM 30W USB-C Power Adapter MW2G3AM/A - A2164
$15.99
NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13" MacBook Pro A1435
$25.95
Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro
$179.99
OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99
Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM
$17.99
OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99
Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05
Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter 45W/60W/85W
$8.99