-

Originally Posted by
alxdotnet
So what you mean is--all I have to do is add
http://rs.fuzz.nl/muesli/686/kde_head/unstable/
to my list of packages and then type:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
?
Will this work on a fresh Knoppix HD install?
Thanks,
-Alex, Official Linux Newbie.
I don't think dist-upgrade is the best way. The way I've been doing it is to see what's available through Synaptic (you have to change your default to show the "Experimental" or "Now" packages as the latest). So I start an IceWM session and use Synaptic to remove all the old KDE packages other than KDM. And then I install the latest. If there are dependency issues you have to use the command-line and apt-get install all of the dependent packages together. After everything else is installed I then stop KDM from running and upgrade it.
But Stephen explains how to do it from the command line in another thread...that's probably the best way. I just like to see graphically what is available and what I have installed.
Similar Threads
-
By jimbob in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 04:18 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-14-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By champagnemojo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 15
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 05:52 PM
-
By robelanator in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 05:38 PM
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01