Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Running Programs

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12

    Running Programs

    I am still new to Knoppix so bear with me. I have created a program that I want to run at bootup time. But when I go to run the program

    ./myProgram

    just to test it I get permission errors. Even under the Root shell i get permission errors.

    My program was generated using G++ and have gotten it to work on my other linux box.

    I have rebuilt Knoppix with my program and a script to autorun it at start up but have yet to figure out why this won't work.

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    196
    Have you made your program executable?

    chmod a+x ./myProgram

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12
    I have changed the permissions, but it is still giving me problems. It keeps saying that no such file or directory while when I call "ls" it shows it right there. Thanks for the help so far.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12
    Nevermind I got it. I had originally compiled my code in Redhat, and I just recompiled it under KNOPPIX and it magically works. Thanks for all the help.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    PEI, Canada
    Posts
    44
    lol.. yep Knoppix is based on debian and has a different layout and different libs(afaik) than Red Hat

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 06:01 PM
  2. running programs in knoppix
    By computerman0216 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 03:35 AM
  3. Problem with Running Programs in 3.3
    By Tuschedz in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 06:42 AM
  4. Running Knoppix in without the X Server running....
    By Raineri in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
  5. Running programs on fluxbox initialization
    By brainlessdumb in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$385.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic picture

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic

$24.95