-
Junior Member
registered user
VGA display mode codes
I have Knoppix 3.1 loaded on an old Toshiba 300CDT laptop - it's on loan - and no we can't get Knoppix 3.3 on it. Slow (only 80Mb) but usable, even with OpenOffice 1.1.0. There was a problem with the display during boot, because Knoppix defaults to 1024x768 and I only have 800x600. This was OK until the root partition glitched in a file-system check and I could not read the bottom of the screen to find out what was happpening, or enter any commands (except by guesswork). I fixed this by changing the VGA code in 'lilo.conf' from 791 to either NORMAL or 0x0103 (800x600x256). Both produced the same display, 80x25 on the central 50% or so of the screen, but without the penguin at the top left.
However, what I would like to do, if possible, is have the neat display that goes with VGA=791, but in an 800x600 space. Is there a VGA display code that will do this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: VGA display mode codes

Originally Posted by
Nadrach
I have Knoppix 3.1 loaded on an old Toshiba 300CDT laptop - it's on loan - and no we can't get Knoppix 3.3 on it. Slow (only 80Mb) but usable, even with OpenOffice 1.1.0. There was a problem with the display during boot, because Knoppix defaults to 1024x768 and I only have 800x600. This was OK until the root partition glitched in a file-system check and I could not read the bottom of the screen to find out what was happpening, or enter any commands (except by guesswork). I fixed this by changing the VGA code in 'lilo.conf' from 791 to either NORMAL or 0x0103 (800x600x256). Both produced the same display, 80x25 on the central 50% or so of the screen, but without the penguin at the top left.
However, what I would like to do, if possible, is have the neat display that goes with VGA=791, but in an 800x600 space. Is there a VGA display code that will do this?
Yes there is you want 788.
Code:
Screen 640x480 800x600 1024x768 1280x1024 1600x1200
Colors --------------------------- -------------------------------------------
256 | 769 771 773 775 796
32,768 | 784 787 790 793 797
65,536 | 785 788 791 794 798
16.8M | 786 789 792 795 799
-
Junior Member
registered user
Yay! Works! Thank you very much!
Similar Threads
-
By lbenn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 03:13 PM
-
By samhainbaphomet in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 03:42 AM
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 03:57 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 10:04 PM
-
By kzaty in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Lot of 27 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop RAM PC4-2666V UDIMM HYNIX MICRON SAMSUNG
$750.00

Lot Of 50 8GB DDR4 RAM SO-DIMM Laptop Memory Tested
$1480.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50