View Poll Results: Should the default Knoppix KDE fonts be changed?
- Voters
- 4. You may not vote on this poll
-
Yes, the default fonts look ugly as hell
-
Yes, I like the Bitstream Vera font series
-
Yes, but I would like a different default font set
-
I don't care, I don't use X11 in Knoppix anyway
-
No, I like the fonts in Knoppix as they are
-
Suggestion for different default fonts
Hi,
we are using Knoppix to demonstrate Linux to new users and to rescue (mostly Windows) PCs from data loss and crashes. One thing that bugs me is that especially on TFT flat displays, the default fonts look HORRIBLE.
I would suggest installing the Debian package "ttf-bitstream-vera" by default and using the Bitstream Vera Sans / Sans Mono fonts in KDE by default for all applications. They look much better than the default fonts that Knoppix uses now (FWIW, they look much better than what ships with XFree86 and even better than what SuSE uses by default).
The fonts are licensed for free redistribution (as long as they are not sold on their own) and allow derivative works. Copyright is available at http://www.gnome.org/fonts/. They are somewhat similar to what Microsoft uses (Tahoma, Verdana, etc).
Font demos are available at http://www.bitstream.com/categories/...ts/fonts/vera/.
Thanks!
-
Of course, this should apply to *all* Knoppix desktops/WMs, providing they support TTF fonts. Sorry Gnome users
-
Senior Member
registered user
I would like to see "Nimbus Sans I 12" als default font (it's already on CD) and antialiasing enabled by dedault.
Additionally, I would like to see "default_blue" as the default wallpaper.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 09:30 PM
-
By pj in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 08:18 PM
-
By RealNitro in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2003, 12:34 PM
-
By mchester in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 11:29 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 12:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i7-14700K Processor (BRAND NEW)
$330.00