-
symlink /ramdisk back into /usr/local
Hi!
I am creating a custom cd with apache1-modperl1, apache2-modperl2 and zope installed into /usr/local. As this was my first try, I found that I couldn't start apache, because of read-only filesystem :P Anyways, in an effort to get around this, I thought about cp-ing these dirs out to /ramdisk, and then symlinking back to /usr/local/apache, etc. I have successfully created the dirs in /ramdisk, copied everything from the cd to /ramdisk, but have found that the symlinks fail, (for the same reason). Now I am thinking that I want to add the symlinks into the miniroot.gz, but have found that I can't add symlinks into it when it is mounted (-o loop)...
Does anyone have an idea on how to modify the existing miniroot.gz, to include symlinks to /ramdisk/...?
thanks,
speeves
cws
Similar Threads
-
By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 04:17 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 01:36 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 50
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By CapnKirk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$400.00

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Dell OptiPlex 3070 Micro Desktop Intel Core I3-9100T 8GB RAM NO HDD
$55.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98