Hi!
I am creating a custom cd with apache1-modperl1, apache2-modperl2 and zope installed into /usr/local. As this was my first try, I found that I couldn't start apache, because of read-only filesystem :P Anyways, in an effort to get around this, I thought about cp-ing these dirs out to /ramdisk, and then symlinking back to /usr/local/apache, etc. I have successfully created the dirs in /ramdisk, copied everything from the cd to /ramdisk, but have found that the symlinks fail, (for the same reason). Now I am thinking that I want to add the symlinks into the miniroot.gz, but have found that I can't add symlinks into it when it is mounted (-o loop)...
Does anyone have an idea on how to modify the existing miniroot.gz, to include symlinks to /ramdisk/...?
thanks,
speeves
cws

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD External Hard Drive, USB 3
$59.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00