Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: symlink to KNOPPIX/subdirectory?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3

    symlink to KNOPPIX/subdirectory?

    I'm following the remastering howto, and added a new directory to the /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX directory. However, when I boot with this, the directory does not show up in root but is in /KNOPPIX. I note that other directories in root are symlinked, e.g.,

    /usr --> /KNOPPIX/usr

    and so forth.

    I've looked at /etc/knoppix-autoconfig and other places, but am not sure where I add the necessary "ln -s" command. This has gotta be a FAQ.

    Please point me to the documentation for this.

    TIA!

    Kirk

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I use a /data in the root of my filesystem for some things I've added- documentation, karamba themes, stuff like that.

    What I do when remastering the CD is point anything that needs those files to /KNOPPIX/data , so it works when running live from the CD. And then I edited the hdd-install scripts to create a /KNOPPIX during the hddinstall and move /data in there (so that my links don't break after hdd-installing).

    It's a work-around. I'll post the lines of code I used later when I get home.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3
    Thanks! The code will be of interest.

    I still would like to know where and when the root symlinks are created, so that things like pathnames and enviornment variables are set.

    Does anyone know?

    Kirk

Similar Threads

  1. Symlink for a printer driver
    By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:02 PM
  2. encryption of subdirectory
    By andrei in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 03:01 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 04:17 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 01:36 AM
  5. Create a symlink from /dev/dvd to /dev/sr2
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 04:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge R640  8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU

$315.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$41.19



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping

$54.99