-
Moving files..Access Denied
Hello,
I have just started using Knoppix on CD. I have read all the faq and even help files on the OS, and I am still lost as to why my files won't move, I tried copying them, but the size in properties is much different and I need to be able to format my first drive, so moving these files for back up is nessesary.
I have removed the 'read only' check box from the properties of all my harddisks as well as checking the other appropriate boxes (read, write..etc). I then unmounted the drives, no availe, mounted them, same thing.
Please show me a way of moving my files from one hard disk or partition to another, and please remember that I am new to linux.
Thanks,
John
Similar Threads
-
By db109 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 09:57 AM
-
By dr_rude in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2004, 03:03 AM
-
By AlanForrester in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:09 AM
-
By hellawaits in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 02:28 AM
-
By oliver in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz Sk Hynix RAM 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA HMAA4GS6CJR8N-XN
$310.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

Samsung 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 SODIMM PC4-3200AA Laptop RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE
$130.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Ram Cards, 4 GB, LOT OF 16
$116.00