-
Moving files..Access Denied
Hello,
I have just started using Knoppix on CD. I have read all the faq and even help files on the OS, and I am still lost as to why my files won't move, I tried copying them, but the size in properties is much different and I need to be able to format my first drive, so moving these files for back up is nessesary.
I have removed the 'read only' check box from the properties of all my harddisks as well as checking the other appropriate boxes (read, write..etc). I then unmounted the drives, no availe, mounted them, same thing.
Please show me a way of moving my files from one hard disk or partition to another, and please remember that I am new to linux.
Thanks,
John
Similar Threads
-
By db109 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 09:57 AM
-
By dr_rude in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2004, 03:03 AM
-
By AlanForrester in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:09 AM
-
By hellawaits in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 02:28 AM
-
By oliver in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 4.7 GHz - Socket AM5
$375.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 3.3GHz 6-Core 12-Thread AM4 Desktop CPU Processor Tested
$54.50

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3X6
$28.99