-
Moving files..Access Denied
Hello,
I have just started using Knoppix on CD. I have read all the faq and even help files on the OS, and I am still lost as to why my files won't move, I tried copying them, but the size in properties is much different and I need to be able to format my first drive, so moving these files for back up is nessesary.
I have removed the 'read only' check box from the properties of all my harddisks as well as checking the other appropriate boxes (read, write..etc). I then unmounted the drives, no availe, mounted them, same thing.
Please show me a way of moving my files from one hard disk or partition to another, and please remember that I am new to linux.
Thanks,
John
Similar Threads
-
By db109 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 09:57 AM
-
By dr_rude in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2004, 03:03 AM
-
By AlanForrester in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:09 AM
-
By hellawaits in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 02:28 AM
-
By oliver in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99

128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC
$300.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

G. SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (16GBx1) DDR4-3200 (PC4-25600) RAM CL16 Desktop Memory
$67.89

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2x8GB) PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200) Memory Kit - Black...
$75.00

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Kingston 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM Non-ECC Unbuffered
$239.00

1X32GB G.Skill Ripjaws F4-3200C22S-32GRS PC4-3200 DDR4 Laptop Memory
$135.00