-
Knoppix 3.3-2004.02.09 and clock setting
Hi,
I've been using Knoppix3.3-2003-11-19 running always from CD (I have to use MS W2K at same box too) and clock setting were just fine. I've noticed that the timezone was CET (I've never changed that...) by default and the hardware clock was considered as local time. Which means that after every boot KDE was showing the correct time (BIOS time) as being also the linux system time/localtime.
Now, I've updated to Knoppix3.3-2004-02-09 and everything seems to be fine except the clock. The default timezone seems to be EST and the time is 6 hours behind the hardware clock whenever it boots. So I must issue a 'hwclock --hctosys' command to make it right.
Has anyone experienced this problem? How can I make the new knoppix release act just like the release before this one?
I've also tried to change the timezone to GMT but after a reboot it's back to EST again - even after a 'save config' command and I've also created a persistent home user with no sucess too.
I've checked /etc/adjtime file and it seems that it is considering hardware clock as localtime. Do I need a /etc/sysconfig/clock file with a 'UTC=false' line in it? But I run knoppix from the CD, so even if a issue a save config command, will this file be persisted?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Similar Threads
-
By monkeyman2000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 06:34 PM
-
By riechert in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-24-2004, 06:41 AM
-
By evirus in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 10:46 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 04-03-2004, 08:33 AM
-
By LordHarshmage in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49