-
Junior Member
registered user
dual boot install questions
Hi all,
I'm putting together a box for use at work. I want to try playing with linux yet again. I would like to dual boot with XP. For now I have a 20 gig HD.
1. Is 20 gig enough? I won't need a lot of file storage put will put Office (Word and Excell) on the XP install.
2. Is Knoppix (or maybe overclockix) a good choice or should I just go to a normal full distro like Debian or Gentoo since I'm installing to HD?
3. A rough outline of install procedure would be great i.e.- partition sizes, which OS first, etc./whatever
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By gnarvaja in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 11:08 PM
-
By pakux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 03:09 PM
-
By \/\/inblowz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:36 PM
-
By Éireannach in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 05:00 AM
-
By FlorianK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$550.00

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98