Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How do I share Win98 internet connection with knoppix?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11

    How do I share Win98 internet connection with knoppix?

    I've booted knoppix off the cd on my laptop. I'm networked to a win98 machine and can ping both ways. How do I share the win98 internet connection with the knoppix machine? Also how do u stop the pinging on knoppix, it just keeps going!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Assuming you've already set win98 up with ICS

    On the knoppix client side:
    ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
    route add default gw 192.168.0.1 eth0
    echo nameserver 192.168.0.1 >> /etc/resolv.conf

    all three commands should be run as root

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11

    that didn't work

    Thanx arkaine but it didn't work. I have Nat32 running on the Win98 machine for sharing the internet connection. Before I went into the knoppix menu then knoppix>network/internet>Network card configuration and click on use Dhcp and it worked once or twice.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11
    It did work, I just realized that u were giving me those ip addresses as examples and that I fill in my own info,

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Internet Connection
    By Siege in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 06:02 AM
  2. Sharing Internet Connection with Knoppix
    By iisatrini in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 09:07 PM
  3. Share internet connection-Win98 Host, Knoppix Client
    By andymadigan in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 03:12 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 07:45 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams picture

Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams

$95.99



Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth picture

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth

$39.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW picture

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW

$399.99



Poly Edge E350 Gigabit VoIP Desk Phone 2200-87010-025 PoE Wi-Fi BT Office NEW picture

Poly Edge E350 Gigabit VoIP Desk Phone 2200-87010-025 PoE Wi-Fi BT Office NEW

$119.99



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$550.00