Maybe this is something that Alextreme would consider for his Morphix Gaming Disc.
It would be nice to either pick one complex win program to show how well wine is working. My pick is:
TMPGEnc for converting individual .jpgs and .avis into .mpg or DVDs.
Another option would be to install the free winex and install some freeware 3-D win game, or obtain the rights a commercial game. Supposedly winex can play many win games.
Maybe this is something that Alextreme would consider for his Morphix Gaming Disc.
I think the gameing disc +wine+ help setting wine up (i am stull confused) would be great
hint hint
lol
Yea, I'm stuck on how to use WINE too! How about adding DOSEMU???
i just installed the latest knoppix, it is really great, but i cannot get wine to work. since i am a linux newbie and never used wine before it could easily be me. i have got knoppix working from my hard disk, i did the wine configuration choosing the default options (except i went for win98 rather than win95) and then tried
> wine notepad
which seems to be something which ought to work even if not very useful. i got a lot of messages about making the fonts and then a crash at the end, because of a problem with ... the fonts.
how do I mount my windows partition (hda) so I can usit with wine
Well if you have an hda1 icon on your desktop you can just click on that and it will be mounted.Originally Posted by dougvega
Otherwise: mount /mnt/hda1 (presuming your windows partion is hda1)
I do have hda1 icon under mnt but nothing happens when i clck on it I just get an empty window so I'll try mount/mnt/hda1 and take it from there
thanks "aay"

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00
Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB
$1319.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
(32GB x10) 320 GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered (Server)
$1600.00
Micron 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5-5600 JEDEC DIMM Workstation Memory (Innodisk branded)
$895.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00
LOT OF 27-Mixed Lot of 8GB (27x8GB=216GB TOTAL) PC3L-12800R ECC REG Server RAM
$99.99