-
Password for newly created user
I installed Knoppix 3.3 and had root and knoppix users as default. Now I created another user, say "myself". This I did by logging in as root and used KUser (User Manager).
I created myself user and just made it use all groups that knoppix user uses.
Now I clciked the Set Password button and gave a new password for myself user. Then logged out and wanted to login as myself instead of root. I got a meldung that "You immediately have to change your password (root enforced)". I tried and tried from KUser to give all possible passwords (from root login) but nothing worked.
Then I opened console (from root login) and used "passwd myself" to set password and then it let me log in as myself !!!
We should either remove the "Set Password" button from KUser or make it really work.
Gruss
Similar Threads
-
By bizarro in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 01:29 PM
-
By dennison_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 05:04 AM
-
By hugo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 01:07 AM
-
By ian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 08:54 AM
-
By CyberBug84 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

Ubuntu 26.04 Linux Desktop PC, Quadcore i7, up to 32GB RAM + 2TB SSD, Dell 7040
$399.99

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Brand New Genuine Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (Advanced Server) Version 3
$39.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99