-
Knoppix 3.4 install
I was wondering if there was a different command to install Knoppix 3.4 because it says that knx-hdinstall is not found (i am logged in as root also)
-
Senior Member
registered user
knx-hdinstall was not included on 3.4. And knx-templates.0.39.tgz is not in /usr/local/lib, like it should be so knioppix-installer doesn't want to work.
You can download -knx-templates.0.39.tgz to your ramdisk. Extract it, and run the knoppix-installer in that folder by cd'ing there and launching with as root with ./knoppix-installer.
Or you can wait for some cuistom versions of 3.4, like the one I'm working on. I've added knx-hdinstall to it alreasdy, and fixed the knx-templates.0.39.tgz so that knoppix-installer works without any tinkering. My iso should be available for download in just a few days. It's called Overclockix 3.4.
-
Junior Member
registered user
hm...
"knx-hdinstall was not included on 3.4. And knx-templates.0.39.tgz is not in /usr/local/lib, like it should be so knioppix-installer doesn't want to work. "
Where can I download such files/tools ? I would like to try ct 3.4 on a harddisk.
Thanks
-
Hi(arkaine23)
is your iso now available???
I have knoppix 3.4 and tried to install it.I've got this knx-template0.39 error.
So i downloaded it but din't really knew what to do with it. Could you give me a step-by-step-guide??? (I'm absolutly new to linux)
[/Or you can wait for some cuistom versions of 3.4, like the one I'm working on. I've added knx-hdinstall to it alreasdy, and fixed the knx-templates.0.39.tgz so that knoppix-installer works without any tinkering. My iso should be available for download in just a few days. It's called Overclockix 3.4.]
-
Junior Member
registered user
if you do a google search on overclockix it's available.
-
Senior Member
registered user
The beta is ready, but there are problems in KDE's menu and kicker right now. If you hdd-install, these problems disappear. If you boot in text mode and startx manually, these problems disappear. It's really bugging me as I have not found a way to fix it yet.
Similar Threads
-
By susanjohnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
-
By techdesk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 03:14 AM
-
By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By Jez in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
-
By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99