-
Junior Member
registered user
Any existing Knoppix with translucency?
I saw the thread where FabianX, Probono, Alexextreme and Aay were discussing the klik.berlios.de site, but I'm wondering about any Knoppix distro that has translucency built-in so you can build software that wants to write to some of the read-only directories.
I'm trying to install wxwindows and I need to write to my /bin directory. Is there another way to do this short of translucency or a hard drive install? I realize the latter sounds like the obvious choice. But it isn't in this case.
Morphix has translucency, but it wouldn't let me install the debs for wxwindows and when I tried to build it, it didn't go too smoothly. It seemd like I could build it under Knoppix, but in the end it couldn't write out the files to the /bin directory and that was the end of the story.
So, my question is whether there are any LiveCD distros around in the here-and-now that have translucency that would enable me to do something like build wxwindows.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I believe that Morhpix has translucency in it already. Klaus mentioned some time ago that he has plans to add it to Knoppix. Perhaps it will be in the 3.4 release.
Similar Threads
-
By jlregister in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 09:03 AM
-
By Xpiral in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-07-2004, 03:13 PM
-
By linuxgrilla in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 04:38 AM
-
By hughmax in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:17 AM
-
By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-02-2003, 04:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$349.95