-
Knoppix ablity to access my Windows partion.
I'm a complete newbie to the Linux world. I purchased a book named "Kiss the Blue Screen of Death Goodbye" and played with the attached Knoppix disk. BAM! I was hooked. Linux was beautiful. I also liked the idea that I had access to hda1 (windows) and hda5 (a partition that I later installed Mandrake 9.2)
Here's the problem. Now that I'm using Mandrake, I'm not able to access my windows partition, (unless I log in as root, but even then, I'm only able to read and execute). I want total access, so that I may be able to pass files from Windows My Documents, ect... to my files in Linux.
As I said before, Knoppix allowed this, but the downer was that I had to run it from CD (which takes up my CD-ROM drive).
Can I load Knoppix onto my partion instead of Mandrake, and will I have the same "open" capabilities of accessing both my partions, as I did with the Knoppix CD?
Also, as a newbie, how do I exactly, install Knoppix onto my partion, instaed of Mandrake?
Similar Threads
-
By empanyc in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 10:23 AM
-
By TheCyberDude in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 04:18 AM
-
By area in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 07:21 AM
-
By Chris in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2003, 07:32 PM
-
By RdH in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-30-2003, 01:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00