Quote Originally Posted by MeSo
THANKS! OK...I got to this point. I opened up /etc/fstab in the text editor. Now what do I do to be able to read write and execute to /dev/hda1 ?

And thanks again!



/dev/hda5 / jfs defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=udf:iso9660,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,sync 0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c ntfs iocharset=iso8859-1,ro 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
Oh, I didn't realize it was an NTFS partition. That makes it a bit trickier. Which version of Knoppix do you have? I think the 3.4C't verstion comes with Captive-NTFS. If you're using any other version you'll need to get Captive for yourself. You can get the files for Knoppix here[. They also have a Mandrake file here.

If you're doing this on a Knoppix install save all of those debs to a directory and then use "dpkg -i filenames of all the packages" to install. After that run "captive-install-acquire" and then type "mkdir /mnt/dosc" and finally "mount -t captive-ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/dosc" and it will let you write safely to ntfs.

Installing is the same for Mandrake other than you'd install the rpm rather than the debs. But I don't personally know how well Captive works on Mandrake. I know it works great for me on Knoppix.