Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: No ALSA with HD install

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    No ALSA with HD install

    I am using Knoppix 3.2 live CD. When I type on the boot prompt: "Knoppix alsa" I have full functionall sound.
    Then I used command :" knx-hdinstall" to install this linux to hard disk,but when I boot from it I can't get any sound.
    I tried command: "alsaconf" but the system not recognized it saying : Bash: bad command:
    I really like using this version of Linux so if anyone have the solution for my problem please help
    It's driving me crazy.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    9

    Forum Search

    In the future you may find it quicker to solve your problem by searching for an answer first, then posting if you have no sucess.

    The link below has the answer to your question:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...t=alsa+install

    try running the following:

    /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    Re: Forum Search

    Thank you Joe.
    You are right in every word you said.
    I was too blind to see the answer becouse my problem was driving me crazy as I said.
    Few minuts after posting my previous question for help I find the answer at the adress you mention, but It was too late to take it back.

    The solution you write really work.

    I just started using Linux and becouse of this forum and people like you I hope I will enjoy working in it.
    Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    9

    Re: Forum Search

    Quote Originally Posted by ica
    Thank you Joe.
    You are right in every word you said.
    I was too blind to see the answer becouse my problem was driving me crazy as I said.
    Few minuts after posting my previous question for help I find the answer at the adress you mention, but It was too late to take it back.

    The solution you write really work.

    I just started using Linux and becouse of this forum and people like you I hope I will enjoy working in it.
    Thanks again.
    No problem at all! I'm glad you were able to find your solution

Similar Threads

  1. alsa works from CD, not after HD install....?
    By BillS in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 04:11 PM
  2. Need ALSA in HDD-INSTALL!
    By StyleWarz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2003, 03:32 AM
  3. Need ALSA on HDD-Install.....
    By StyleWarz in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 09:48 AM
  4. Need ALSA on HDD-INSTALL!!!!!
    By StyleWarz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 04:50 PM
  5. HDD-Install kills alsa!
    By schnarff in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2003, 04:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New picture

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New

$82.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts picture

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts

$49.78



Vintage Genius LAN E3000II Pocket LAN Adapter CIB Complete Box Manual Floppy PS2 picture

Vintage Genius LAN E3000II Pocket LAN Adapter CIB Complete Box Manual Floppy PS2

$49.99



Vintage Compaq Presario 1200 Laptop Celeron 600MHz 20GB Floppy Drive *Windows Me picture

Vintage Compaq Presario 1200 Laptop Celeron 600MHz 20GB Floppy Drive *Windows Me

$140.00



Vintage eMachines eTower 500is Celeron 500MHz 256MB 40GB Win98 PC Tower Computer picture

Vintage eMachines eTower 500is Celeron 500MHz 256MB 40GB Win98 PC Tower Computer

$125.00



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00