-
WLAN card settings lost after reebot
Hello!
I've succesfully brought to life Dlink DWL 650+ card on my Knoppix 3.3 HD install using acx100 drivers from sourceforge (thanks to Craigs's acx100 HOWTO at http://www.houseofcraig.net/acx100_howto.php).
BUT...
Every time I reboot my notebook I have to redefine IP address, add route and initialize card manualy with iwconfig eth0 essid blabla... I've created and changed some files as stated in Craig's HOWTO but nothing helped:
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
/etc/network/interfaces
/etc/modutils/acx100_pci
As I am new to linux I have no idea how theese files are connected or what has to be changed to initiate my wlan card automaticaly on every reboot.
Thanks for your answers!
-
WLAN card settings lost after reboot - SOLVED
Hello!
/etc/network/interfaces
WRONG:
wireless-rate....
RIGHT:
wireless_rate...
and so on.
Bye!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: WLAN card settings lost after reboot - SOLVED

Originally Posted by
kpxpenguin
Hello!
/etc/network/interfaces
WRONG:
wireless-rate....
RIGHT:
wireless_rate...
and so on.
Bye!
How about an example of the proper format of the section in the file there are always post here on wireless and not really a working example to point someone too or if there is I have not seen it, perhaps you could even post a short summay of the steps you took in the Tips and Tricks section.
Similar Threads
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By nodata in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 05:17 PM
-
By esher2292 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 04:54 PM
-
By xander in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 08:47 PM
-
By xetaprime in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-21-2002, 06:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99