Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: WINE/ E/OS LX help

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    13

    WINE/ E/OS LX help

    Can anyone tell me where can I find info on how to use WINE/E/OS LX? I want to be able to run my windows programs using Knoppix from CD Rom First, is it possible to run windows program using Knoppix from CD Rom? When I try to open a windows program with WINE, I get the message that WINE is trying to open the program but nothing happens. I tried to open Internet Explorer which I have heard works with WINE. Also has anyone tried the other program E/OS LX? The Web site is http://meos.sourceforge.net/index2.htm. Please point in in the right direction on how to get windows programs running under Knoppix. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    WINE's ability to run windows programs is by no means perfect. You are not going to get anything close to 100% compatibility. Nevertheless, I run a number of windows apps using wine. I'd highly advise you to look at Frank's Corner. There are a lot of helpful tutorials and tips there.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    13
    Hey thanks. I will check it out. I'm trying to figure out what I am doing wrong since I know people have said that they have been able to use Internet exploer wiht WINE.

Similar Threads

  1. WINE
    By tzulberti in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 12:44 PM
  2. wine
    By Veal_calf in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 01:43 AM
  3. Using WINE
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 10:28 PM
  4. wine-ing
    By jojo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 11:29 AM
  5. WINE
    By satoshi in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 09:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984 picture

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984

$179.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed picture

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed

$125.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts

$71.95



Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus picture

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus

$64.95



Vintage Apple III Joystick Cursor III - A3M0010 picture

Vintage Apple III Joystick Cursor III - A3M0010

$99.00



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage

$99.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00