Again, I just wanted you to know that this has been going through my head for the past couple weeks. I finally was told something that I needed to learn to get past my first learning hurtle.Originally Posted by gowator
As I was reading this it seemed like a audible "ping" went off in my head.
For the first time I got what it means to have an X-server! It had always confused me. I didn't get what its purpose was. (My thinking was, "Why didn't it just get glued to the kernal"?) Now it makes sense:
Linux = Unix clone,
Unix was created to be used as a large mainframe computer,
Terminals are used to connect to the big mainframe computer,
The X-"sever" is used to hand out a GUI to the terminals!!!!!!! Yah!!!
Beyond that there was other things that would just come to me during the past week or two, as I was mulling over your words.
You have given me a spark to want to learn again.
Thank-you agian, obi-wan.

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210
$139.99
LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00