Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Error starting X11.......

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mission
    Posts
    2

    Error starting X11.......

    I am relatively new to Linux, but in my support of the 'open source' community I am going to learn it. The problem I am having is that I just built a new machine for myself and I cannot get Knoppix past starting X11. My monitor goes out of range. I have tried noapm and noddc, neither of which worked. I have also tried fb1280x1024 vsync=60. Below is the error:

    "starting x11..... (screen went black, I ctrl+alt+F1) and when the screen came back on here is what was returned.

    scsi0 :error on channel 0, ID0, Ilin ) CDB request 00 00 00 40 00 info fld= 0x55f26 (nonstd) current sdob: 00:00 sense medium key error additional sense indicates unrecovered read error I/O error : dev 0b:00, secotr 1408132

    Any thoughts or suggestions? Could it be my copy of Knoppix?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3
    This seems for me, that there might be an error on your CD and X11 cannot read the data it's up to do.

    I hope, you are trying to start X11 from CDROM and not from HDD. So you can try to burn another Knoppix-CD.

    Greez
    - Dan

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mission
    Posts
    2
    Yea, it is a CD. I thought it may be a CD error. I will try to find a new copy.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod
    Yea, it is a CD. I thought it may be a CD error. I will try to find a new copy.
    Just to be sure it is a bad CD at the boot: prompt use knoppix testcd. And try just failsafe or expert by themselves at the boot: prompt.

Similar Threads

  1. Starting X11 Error in Install of Knoppix 3.3
    By ses182 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 05:37 PM
  2. Xine error after doing a Upgrade, error posted. (resolved)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
  3. First Starting Up
    By brlund in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 01:19 AM
  4. Partition-error (Table written but error while reading!!!)
    By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM
  5. Starting X
    By DavidTempler in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 09:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015 picture

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015

$26.98



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$21.05



Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D picture

Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D

$339.99



NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13

NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13" MacBook Pro A1435

$25.95